The legal information and forms every California landlord needs
Choosing tenants, raising the rent, returning deposits, and maintaining rental property―these are just a few of the things landlords do that are strictly regulated by California law. To avoid problems and hefty legal fees, rental property owners and managers need to know and comply with federal, state, and local rules, and use the proper legal forms. Fortunately, everything you need is in this book.
For more than 30 years, The California Landlord’s law Book: Rights & Responsibilities has been the leading source of legal information for hundreds of thousands of California landlords. Now in its 17th edition, the book has been completely updated to cover state and federal laws and local rent control ordinances. It includes dozens of California-specific forms, such as leases and rental agreements, all with complete, easy-to-follow instructions tailored to state law.
You’ll learn how to:
- screen prospective tenants - without discriminating illegally
- prepare (and enforce) leases and rental agreements
- collect and return security deposits
- raise the rent and change other terms of the tenancy
- hire, work with, and fire a property manager
- keep up with repairs and maintenance
- restrict tenants from subletting or hosting short-term guests
- act promptly when rent is late, and
- terminate a tenancy.
List Price: $44.99
Sale Price: $30.59